Dr. Elana Roumell is a naturopathic doctor, founder of Nourish Medical Center, and most importantly, a mama herself!
With a passion for pediatrics, she created the Nourish Kids Ebook and Nourish Kids Medicine Kit, so busy mamas can now feel empowered to help their kids feel better… fast! For more information, visit www.NourishMyKids.com
Things you may not know about me:
- I lived on an organic farm, in Costa Rica, where I took a permaculture class for 3 months. Growing up in the suburban town of Orange County I was hungry to get closer to nature and learn how our food grows, sustainable living practices, yoga and more! I returned transformed. Bonus fact: I even shaved my head as a way to start anew!
- I have traveled the world taking cooking classes and studying the various health practices of Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, India, Nepal, Israel, Turkey, and more. And I always travelled alone! It pushed me in ways I couldn’t grow otherwise.
- I completed a 10-day silent meditation retreat.
- I’ve experimented with dozens of diets throughout my life from raw vegan, vegetarian, macrobiotic, paleo, weston price, and many more. With that experience I have created our Nourish Balanced Meal Plan that I am proud to teach my patients.
- I love taking transformational personal development courses such as Landmark, MITT, and PAX. I am a student for life and will never stop personal development education.
- I LOVE teaching, empowering and sharing the tools I know with others. It fulfills me like nothing else! I founded my first workshop series called Being a Balanced Superwoman and plan to continue creating more curriculum to help busy women and men restore balance in their day to day lives. In addition to leading courses on balance, my most recent goals are to create and lead courses to moms and dads so they can be proactive participants in their children’s health and optimal development. Education and empowering others is my ultimate life’s work.
- I have an adoring husband “the fitness expert”, Anthony Roumell, a daughter, Aviva Dahlia, and a rescue dog, Murray, named after my father Glenn “Murray” Gelman who continues to help heal my heart from the loss of my loving father. I owe my success to my family and friends, without which I would not be the woman I am today and be able to help others.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Licensed by the State of California Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Residency, Family Medicine at University of Bridgeport Naturopathic Medical Center
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine with High Academic Achievement, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Whole Foods Nutrition & Health Psychology, Bastyr University
- Advanced Classical Homeopathy Training, The Canadian Academy of Homeopathy
- Professor of Masters Nutrition Courses, The University of Bridgeport Masters of Science Human Nutrition
- Member of:
• California Naturopathic Doctors Association
• Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians
• National Center for Homeopathy
You can follow Dr. Elana and her wellness team on her video blog at:
And on social medias: