In this episode, Dr. Elana interviews Dr. Ben Lynch, Naturopathic Physician and expert in the field of epigenetics. We discuss how lifestyle factors play an important role in mitigating health complications and genetic predispositions. We identify practical strategies to set your family up for success!
- What is epigenetics and how does it impact our pregnancy and babies
- What does it mean to have genes that are acting dirty
- An in-depth look at MTHFR specifically for mamas and mamas to be. What everyone must know!
- Dr. Lynch’s advice on how to optimize your child’s vaccine outcomes
- How to eliminate adverse reactions to vaccines
- How parent’s genes impact their children’s genes
- How to help “clean” our “dirty genes”
- MTHFR and the role it plays in postpartum mental health
- An in-depth look at what methylation is and the role it plays in so many functions of the body
- PEMT and the role this gene plays in choline production and gallbladder health
- Why choline is so important for pregnant women and the dosing and product Dr. Lynch recommends every pregnant woman to take
- Genetic testing and analysis
- And more!
Dr. Benjamin Lynch’s Bio
Benjamin Lynch, ND received his Cell and Molecular Biology, BS from the University of Washington and his doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine (ND) from Bastyr University. His passion for identifying the cause of disease directed him towards nutrigenomics and methylation dysfunction. Currently, he researches, writes and presents worldwide on the topic of MTHFR, methylation defects and genetic control. You may learn more about Dr Lynch and his work at www.drbenlynch.com. Dr Lynch is the President of www.SeekingHealth.com, a supplement company oriented towards disease prevention and health promotion. He lives in Seattle, WA with his wife, Nadia, and three boys, Tasman, Mathew and Theodor.
Enjoy the listen!
- Free Dirty Genes Bonus Chapter
- Dr. Ben Lynch’s Website
- Dr. Ben Lynch’s Supplement Line: Seeking Health
- Dirty Genes on Amazon
- Follow Dr. Ben Lynch on Facebook and Instagram
- Great video on Dirty Genes and Vaccines
- Great video interview of Dr. Lynch talking more about vaccines “Do Vaccines Cause Autism” with Dr. Paul Thomas MD
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Steph’s Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Handbook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center