On today’s show, we welcome Katy Bray who has a wealth of knowledge and passion for the ancient Indian medicine called Ayurveda. For those who know about this traditional medicine and for those who have no idea what the heck this is… you guys are in for a treat! Katy takes us through how we can use Ayurvedic philosophy to not only help heal the body but also, how we can better understand our unique mental/emotional temperaments. She explains how our unique temperaments react to stress differently and shares tools that will help us when we fall out of balance. She also helps us identify our kids and family members temperaments and how we can interact in healthy ways.
- What is Ayurveda and how can this help our relationships
- How to figure out our temperament/dosha
- How your temperament reacts to stress
- Figuring what your kid’s temperament/dosha is
- Tools to use during stressful times that are unique for you
- Parenting tips based on your kid’s temperaments
- How your temperament may change after giving birth and what us mamas can do to help be proactive
- And more!
Katy Bray’s Bio
Katy Bray is an intuitive, a budding herbalist, speaker and an Ayurvedic business consultant who specializes in leadership in all dimensions. Katy was a single mother and solo-preneur before walking into a blended family. She experienced the vast array of stressors, celebrations and experiences that come with the role of being a mother. Her background in Ayurveda has provided her with a relevant and life-changing lens in which to see the world. Coupled with her own life experiences as a mother, Katy has dedicated her life to sharing how wellness in all aspects of ourselves is the key to happiness, vitality and a life well lived. She is the co-founder of Lead with the Lights On with her husband, mother of two 15-year-old girls and 5 furry children…. and we can’t forget her crazy hermit crab!
Enjoy the listen!
- Take a quiz to figure out what your Dosha is!
- Katy’s Website Lead with the Lights On
- Katy and her husband, Zeb’s presentation on Ayurveda
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Steph’s Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Handbook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center